Animal Outing Peek a Boo Card
I designed this Animal Outing Peek a Boo Card as a fancy fold for my June classes. The peek a boo action design is from Melanie Marschall and she has a video with the instructions here, it’s in German but you can follow along easily.
How to make it
- Card front is Old Olive (item 106576) cut at 21.2 cm x 10.5 cm and scored at 14.5cm and back cut at 14.5cm x 10.5cm
- Inside layer is Whisper White card (item 106549) cut at 22.4cm x 10.5cm and scored at 11.2cm
- Front Whisper White layer is 14cm x 9.9cm
- I sponged the front white layer with Pear Pizzazz (item 147104) for the bottom 1/3 and Soft Sky (retired) for the other 2/3
- The leaves in the top left corner were stamped in Memento Black (item 132708) straight on the white layer
- The overhanging leaves with the frog were stamped using Memento Black on a piece of white scrap and cut out then glued in place
- All the stamped images were coloured using Stampin’ Blends (AC pg 205)
- There are framelits to cut out the animals and leaves (item 146823)
- For the circles I used the 2 1/4″ Circle Punch (item 143720)
- I sponged Soft Sky around the centre of the card before I stamped the Giraffe and leaves in Memento Black
- When I coloured using the Stampin’ Blends it coloured over the sponging
- I stamped Welcome Little One in Old Olive ink (item 147090)
- Wild About You was heat embossing using White Embossing Powder (item 109132)
It was fun to create this Animal Outing Peek a Boo Card, it was a hit in my classes during June, where some people made it a birthday card by using the Happy Birthday stamp from the Better Together stamp set.
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your demonstrator! Use the codes provided above to order these items. Use July Host Code 6TBDHGHJ to receive a small gift from me.
To learn how to create projects like this and so many fun techniques join one of my card classes. Find out more here.