Garden Inspired Card Using New Big Shot Embossing Mats
Welcome back, this card was inspired by a post from Kim McGillis and the beautiful cards she designed for her butterflies and flowers post in June. I wanted to use the new big shot embossing mats in my class to show how they turn your cutting dies into embossing dies. So to create my garden inspired card using new big shot embossing mats, I changed the first layer to the Springtime Impressions Thinlit Die of the spray of flowers and leaves.
How to make it
- Card front is Soft Sea Foam (item 147012 )
- Springtime Impressions Thinlits die (item 146326) embossed using the blue Big Shot Embossing Mat (item 146327)
- Die cut with a Big Shot (item 143263) and a circle die from the Stitched Shapes Framelits (item 145372) in Soft Sea Foam Cardstock (item 146988)
- Also cut as the butterfly from the Springtime Impressions Thinlits Dies (item 146326) using the Garden Impressions 6″x 6″ Designer Series Paper (item 146289) and Vellum Cardstock (item 106584)
- Stamp the sentiment from the Detailed with Love Stamp Set(item 146606) using Shaded Spruce ink (item 147088)
- Tuck leaves cut using the same die and Shaded Spruce Cardstock (item 147006) underneath the stitched circle
- Layer the 2 butterflies together using glue dots and raise the wings
- Embellish the card with the Tinted Faceted Buttons(item 146349), Clear Rhinestones (item 144220) and the 5/8” White Polka Dots Tulle Ribbon (item 146912)
I love how my garden inspired card using new big shot embossing mats turned out and my customers enjoyed the card too. It’s always fun showing how a product you already own can be put to a new and exciting use. Buy the Big Shot Embossing Mats and get double duty from your dies.
If you live in New Zealand, I would love to be your demonstrator! Use the codes provided above to order these items. Use July Host Code 6TBDHGHJ to receive a small gift from me.
If you live in Auckland I’d love for you to join a class, check out what’s on offer here.