Welcome back. I created this card for the keen stampers who come to class twice each month. I do a second set of projects for them and this was one of them in November.
I started with an idea from Tammy Beard, her card had the gift holder and was a lovely simple design that I wanted to use however hers was a birthday card. I then found a card by Rochelle Blok that used the Merry Christmas To All stamp set and Merry Christmas Thinlits. So I cased them both to come up with this Merry Christmas card with gift voucher holder.
How to make it
- Card base is Basic Black (item 121688) cut lengthways at 10.5cm and scored at 4cm on one end, fold and burnish
- Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper (DSP) 10cm x 10cm plus one piece 1.2cm x 10.5cm
- Adhere the thin piece of DSP to the cut edge of the voucher holder, punch a half circle using the 1.3cm Circle Punch (item 119869)
- Apply a strip of Tear & Tape to each side of the scored piece and adhere to the card creating a pocket
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock 10cm x 10cm (item 106549) Stamp with holly using Old Olive Ink. Adhere as the inner where you will write your message.
- Cherry Cobbler Card Stock Layer 5cm x 10cm (item 121681) Embossed using Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (item 148026)
- Adhere this on the right hand side of the card inner using Multipurpose Liquid Glue (item 110755) it will have a thin black edge showing from the card base
- Adhere the DSP to the front of the card then add the Vellum Cardstock 9.5cm x 9.5cm (item 106584) using snail TIP: Put the snail in the centre where it will be hidden once the card is finished
- Cut 3 lenths of 1.6cm Striped Burlap Trim to go across the centre of the card front approx 11cm long with angled ends
- Adhere the trim using Tear & Tape Adhesive (item 138995) Tip: start with the centre one and then add one on each side
- Cut using the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits (item 145372) from the wood grain look piece of the Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper
- Cut the word Merry from Cherry Cobbler Cardstock using the Merry Christmas Thinlits Dies (item 147912) and adhere to the circle using Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Wrap a piece of 65cm piece of 4.8mm Braided Linen Trim around the card and tie in a bow. Adjust so the bow sits where you want and adhere in place with a couple of Mini Glue Dots (item 103683) over the Striped Burlap Trim
- Cut a 32cm piece of Mossy Meadow Festive Farmhouse Cotton Twine (item 147888) and lay it over the Striped Burlap Trim in a zig zag shape. Hold in place with a couple of glue dots
- Punch 2 sprigs from Mossy Meadow Cardstock (item 133683) using the Sprig Punch (item 148012)
- Position the sprigs so they will be under the circle and adhere with glue dots
- Stamp Christmas from Merry Christmas To All stamp set (item 147702) on to Mossy Meadow Cardstock using Versamark (item 102283) and White Embossing Powder (item 109132), set with the Heat Tool (item 129056)
- Adhere the word Christmas to the circle using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (item 144108)
- Adhere the circle to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals (item 104430)
- Thread White Bakers Twine (item 124262) through a button from True Gentleman Buttons (item 145596) and tie a bow
- Adhere the button to the circle using a glue dot.
So often gift card holders have no space to write a message and it’s nice to ‘wrap’ them so it shows more effort has gone into the choice of gift. I think this project ticks all the boxes in terms of presentation and thought and it has room for your personal message. I love it!